Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sick and cold

Today, I’m at work and I feel just terrible. I am trying to keep the cough down but the bronchitis is not going away despite all the medicine. I’m on prednisone and cough suppressant. The cough medicine shouldn't be used beyond 24 hours but I’ve been taking it since last Wednesday. I feel completely loopy and almost unable to concentrate.

The terrible weather has added to my current misery. Any time I have to go outside I cough till my sides ache and my head feels like it will explode. But I have to go outside. I have to go to work and now that the temps have hit the -20 F range at night my car won’t start and I have to spend even more time outside. At first it helped to put the battery charger on the car, giving it some extra incentive to start. However, at -20, it’s a lost cause. So I’ve resorted to taking the bus. I take it in to work anyway after I drive the girls to daycare. However, now today, I will have to get the girls from daycare and put them on the bus, while it is 0 F outside. I don’t think they will do too well with that. They don't like the cold. They cry when they have to walk in the cold for even short distances. How to do it, kept me awake last night. And I rarely worry about small things. There is the 2 blocks I will try to persuade them to walk in the cold, from daycare to the bus stop. Then I have to get them off to walk 2 blocks to another stop, in order to ride for 2 more blocks then get off and walk for 3 more blocks before arriving home.

I'm worried that perhaps I'll have a coughing spell and pass out on the sidewalk, while two little girls stand and look at me. Perhaps, it will be too cold for them. News has been warning people of frostbite to any skin exposed for 15 minutes.

Today, I wish I could just stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment