Wednesday, June 17, 2015

First most Uneventful Reflection

It’s been 20 days since I got to Uganda with 2 toddlers and a ton of baggage. The flight was hard and long. Thank goodness we got a flight with only one layover. The girls slept most of the time from Amsterdam to Entebbe. I wish I had a pic of their positions in the seats. One was standing on the floor but laying in the seat, asleep. I was in the center-section pinned in by their sleeping bodies. I couldn’t get out and walk around. They didn’t want to. It made me a little crazy to sit in one place for so many hours. I hadn’t thought that through. I wasn’t thinking at all by the time I boarded. I had the 20 hours to sit and doze and sigh and feel anxiety about the mess I left behind, hoping that it was miraculously being transformed.


I haven’t been feeling much like writing recently. I’ve been lazying around and taking it easy and been forced to consider things other than sheer (First World) survival. Here, I have a maid, so things move along without me most of the time. My husband stayed at home all day the first day but has been gone attending to things every day since then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment