Sunday, December 1, 2013

Suddenly, they speak.

Two weeks ago I had the girls evaluated because they were not speaking. Two ladies from St. Paul Public Schools came out to evaluate. The twins did really well with their motor abilities but not so much with the speaking. They are 21 months and they really should be calling me Mama and be verbal in other ways.

Yet it seems the holiday weekend was their breakthrough. Today, at nap time I asked them if they wanted to go night-night. They both said, "No," repeatedly and plainly. I then asked them if they wanted to eat. "Eat they repeated and went running to the kitchen. "What shall we eat?" I asked. "Apple," they replied.

No issues in comprehension there.

Today, Glory was exercising her climbing ability. I was in the other room when I hear something that sounded like what I've said to her repeatedly, "Get down." I hear it again and I go to inspect what is going on. There she is climbing onto the couch arm and up the shelving unit, saying to herself, "Get down." It was my turn to say, "Get down."


No comments:

Post a Comment