Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Baby Boy



You came too soon. We barely had time to anticipate you. The day you arrived is the day you died, leaving us behind. Perhaps the world outside was too much for you. Perhaps the struggles of Africa reached you even in the womb. For this, I laid you to rest in peace knowing you are in the arms of the one who gives all comfort, to the one who’s love is everlasting.

It rained under the gray sky the day we buried your tiny body under the mango tree. The sky turned baby blue with white puffs the moment our friends and comforters sang praises. I remember that color of sky. I remember those clouds. They were the same colors when we laid your auntie to rest so many years ago.

My dearest sister and best friend, we send you this heavenly child. Be with him till I see you both again. You increase my longing for heaven.

My heart is sad but I am in peace, baby boy. Your tiny hands and tiny feet were a wonder. Little white fingernails the size of a pin prick. We loved you baby boy. Your body was perfect but your soul is eternal. Dear baby, rest in the arms of Jesus till I come to see you in heaven’s gates.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss. Wish I could be there. I remember that day, when we said goodbye to Joanna.

    ReplyDelete