Thursday, June 23, 2016

Kitty cat Miles.



We don't understand miles here, so they call him, Smiles.

We got a cat. Same reason we invited a cat in for a short while at our other house. Mice. Rats. This time the rats are mega sized African rats. I know because I caught one, about a month ago. I didn’t realize my cereal box would be such a great trap but it was. The rat goes in to eat the cereal meanwhile his movements make the crinkling noise that wakes you up. So I got up and taped the box shut so I could feed him to the cats residing in another dormitory. The following morning Glory and Gracie and I carried the box to the cat and watched as we released the rat to the cat. Wow did they have stories to tell about that one. 

We got the cat from a family that was moving back to the US. It is a very large male cat and we keep him in the dormitory. These girls are all over him, watching his every move. The other morning they got up at 6 am to take care of the cat that had come in from his night of hunting or whatever. “Welcome back, kitty!” They greeted him. They decided to read a story to him. Gracie laid the book on the floor in front of him and began to “read.” She redirected his head to look at the pages. She scolded him when he put his paw on the pages.

This is a very humble cat, others have commented. I think they are accustomed to the wild African variety. But my girls love him. Gracie even wants him to sleep with her. That grosses me out but what can I do when something so small and useful gives them so much joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment