Sunday, October 6, 2013

Amish avoid Obama-care

I think we could take a lesson from this.

Here's an article about an alternative to our current healthcare system. It would benefit us greatly if we could avoid the healthcare middlemen.

http://news.msn.com/us/as-us-struggles-with-health-reform-amish-go-own-way

The Amish system doesn't always work perfectly. I remember the church I grew up in. During the time my mother was having babies, she seemed to be the only one having babies. Traditionally, birthing babies was done through a mid-wife who didn't incur great expense. However, when people began giving birth in hospitals, the church began to assist with the hospital bill for every child born. With our church, I happen to remember how, it wasn't until my mother quit birthing children that someone thought this practice should be adopted.

No comments:

Post a Comment