Wednesday, October 30, 2013

New developments


  1. My sister might be moving into my upstairs in like a day. I am entirely unprepared for this since I am in the middle of two projects and have entirely neglected housecleaning in a way no Mennonite ever would. The fear of someone seeing it feels not so great. Honestly, it's like when you read the tragic stories in the newspaper, where some child gets forgotten in the car and the police come to find the parents at their address and they report the cleanliness of the house to be substandard to filthy. It's not ideal. But I'd rather keep my job than to clean my house. It's a shame that it has to be a choice between the two.
  2. I got a new job starting on Monday. Yes, I know. Why am I starting a new job when I'll be so soon leaving it. Well, that is the cut-throat in me coming out, looking out for myself and not so much the company. (Hey, it's time for punching it out like the big companies.) I want benefits for the next few months and I would like a paid vacation to use for a packing day or something. My temp company was giving me paid holiday for Christmas and Thanksgiving Day. 2 days--that's it. I was considering skipping family Christmas and Thanksgiving just so I could work on packing and or a house project. I was grateful for the nearly $3/hr raise my current company was willing to pay me to keep me. But the new company was offering the same payrate and they are located a mile from my home and they have benefits and perks and all that good stuff employees get. I also got the job with a cold application, 20% chance of this occurring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment